Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Madeline Bo Bunny Layout { and a little brag about my kitchen }

Seems like I never have time for scrapping anymore. Life just gets in the way.

I recently had two weeks off from work when I thought I would get sooooo much scrapping done but no such luck. I did however get my kitchen painted. It was badly in need of a freshening up . The cupboards were by far the most tedious part but I was pleased in the end. My family questioned my sanity when I said I was going to paint the tops and bottoms different colors, but I think it turned out nice!


Did you notice the one white chair at my table? That's a work in progress. These are 100 year old chairs that were my grandmother's. I decided to paint them with chalk paint and refinish the seats. Being 100 years old, they all need to have the tin in the seats replaced and also need to be re glued....a project for hubby. So as he does each chair, I will paint and recover them. I'm waiting somewhat patiently for him to do his part.
Here's a before and after shot of the one finished chair. Can't wait to get them done!

BEFORE


AFTER


But I digress. I actually did have time to do a little teeny bit of scrapping while I was off. 
I was asked to be a guest blogger over at CANADIAN SCRAPBOOKER a few days ago. 
I converted  their Sketchy Challenge from sketches for 12 x 12 pages to card sketches! You can check it out HERE .

I also,{in between all that dang painting}managed to squeeze in one 12 x 12 layout. I had purchased this gorgeous Madeline paper  from Bo Bunny last fall while visiting KELLY in Edmonton and finally got to play with it. 

This is a photo of Chelsea singing her first year with Stage West Theater in their production of " A Fine Tyme", a show of Newfoundland music. She's just been asked back for her fifth season!


Close up of the flower cluster. My 3 D flowers matched well with the flat printed flowers. I think my favorite sheet in this paper pack was the sheet of frames which I fussy cut this frame from.


Side view showing  the various layers and subtle texture added with a stencil and molding paste and a few enamel dots.


As I had doubles of all the papers , I cut out a couple of the birds along the bottom and popped them up with a few foam dots. 



I also added a zipper which I thought framed my peek a boo nicely.


I love shabby chic layouts and had so much fun playing with this one. Anyone who knows her, will recognize the influence of Gabrielle Pollacco on my shabby chic layouts. I just love her style so much.
Thanks for popping by today. I must get cracking and finish my Mother's Day gift for my mom. Happy early Mother's Day to all you moms out there. Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout love all the details and elements had to take a second look . Love the new kitchen too amazing what a littlehard work and paint can do .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this blog post?? Maybe it's because of the mayhem of Serena's graduation. ha ha. But no excuses. That is a GORGEOUS layout....just stunning. Your embellishments are so beautiful. xox

    ReplyDelete