Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Polka Dots with Tutorial

Hey there! It's polka dot day over at CCC ! Ya gotta love polka dots! They are always so cheery!
 
I decided to play with the polka dot theme and make a mess...errr... create something rather than just use polka dot paper. I made my own polka dot stencil !
 
First I tried it with just card stock as my stencil base but that was sort of flimsy and truthfully was a bit too messy.
 
So then I fished out a scrap of acetate that I had lying around and proceeded to punch random holes in it with my Stampin' Up 1/2" circle punch and also the larger circle punch on my crop-a-dile. I  had to slit the acetate partially through the middle to add a few holes in there. I just had to be really careful when I added the temporary adhesive on the back, to cover the slit well so it wouldn't leak through. You can see the slit on this photo....
 
 
 I adhered my stencil to a piece of white card stock.
 
Now comes the fun messy part! I blotted my Strawberry Slush ink pad onto my non stick craft sheet a few times { I LOOOOVE those new pads ...they are sooo juicy!}.
 
 
 
Then I scooped a blob of model paste onto the nonstick sheet and proceeded to stir it up until it took on this yummy pink color! It looks like icing!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
Next, using my palette knife {but an old credit card works well too!}, I spread a layer of that yummy pink goo over my stencil.
 
 
I let it dry slightly and then carefully pulled off my stencil and this is what I got!
 
 
Pretty, eh?
 My dots might not be perfect but I love the subtle dimension it added to my tag.
 
 Here's my finished tag...
 
Supplies for my project include:
 
SU Ink and card stock in
Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush and Baked Brown Sugar
1/2" circle  punch
Su ticket corner punch
Crop-a-dile
SU Embosslits Butterflies
SU Labels die
Sentiment stamp is "Feels Good" #129684
SU Dazzling Diamonds
Golden Model Paste
 
Thanks for popping by today...now head on over to CATHERINE AND CATHY CREATE and check out the polka dot projects created by my cohorts! Toodles!
 
PS: Did you notice that some of my butterflies even have polka dots on them??? I love that butterfly Embosslit!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's awesome Michelle! Very creative and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you the clever crafter.....making your own polka dot stencil and coloured molding paste! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete